Jollyes The Pet Superstore is the trading name for Leonard F Jollye (Brookmans Park) Limited and we are the data controller for your Personal Data.
Jollyes is committed to protecting any personal information that you may provide to us and we believe it is important that you know how we treat the information about you that we may receive from this website.
When you use the Jollyes website we collect certain personally-identifiable information, this will depend on what part of the website using such as
- When you make a purchase we will collect personal information such as your email address, name and address and credit card details.
- If you register for the Jollyes Email Marketing Newsletter we will collect your email address and use this to notify you of new products, competitions, special offers and relevant service information. You can opt out at any time by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found at the bottom of all weekly emails to opt out.
- We use marketing data which that is obtained through your interactions with our website and marketing communication such as email where we collect information such as whether you open the email or click on the links.
- Should you purchase a pet in-store we will use the website to collect personal information such as your email address, name and address and pet purchased.
- When registering for any loyalty scheme or Over 60s card we may request additional information such as Pet Information or Date of Birth.
- When taking part in any competitions, prize draws or surveys that have been created by Jollyes, we will collect your name, email address and mailing address, and the answers to all questions that we have asked. If you win the competition or prize draw, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email unless we state otherwise. When you enter the competition or prize draw, you are also included in our marketing email list to receive promotions, new products, and new additions to the website, unless stated otherwise on the competition page. You may unsubscribe from the Jollyes Email Newsletter by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email that you receive.
- In the event that you do not register or buy on the Jollyes website, we and our third party partners who provide advertisements and content may collect information, for example where you are on the internet (e.g. the website address you came from, IP address, domain types) and technical information such as your browser type and the pages of the Jollyes website that you viewed during your visit.
All of the personal information that we collect will be stored on secure servers, and treated as completely confidential. Your data is used for a variety of reasons such as:
- Using your personal details to process your order or provide order status updates, and to respond to your customer service queries.
- We use this information to help us with the general running of the website, make improvements, fix technical issues, personalise your experience based on your pet interests, and to speed up future visits such as log in and saved items in the basket.
- We may use this information to provide content or advertising to you on the Jollyes Website and Third Party Websites with the aim of providing a more personalised experience based on your preferences and browsing history.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties who help us to maintain, administer or develop our website, or help us to provide the products available on our website. If so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose. This includes reputable banking institutions where information needed to verify and authorise your payment for purchases made on this website, and distribution institutions that need information to process and deliver your order. These organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private, and will only ever use your information for the above purposes.
- We may also use this information for market research, analysis and developing statistics to get an understanding of business performance and our customer profile to see how we can better serve our customers and improve business performance.
- We may use information for management and auditing of our business operation including accounting.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
Jollyes respects the privacy of its customers and is committed to complying with all laws relating to the protection of personal data. All of the personal information that we collect will be stored on secure servers, and treated as completely confidential.
To prevent unauthorised access to your data, we follow the appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have given to us.
You can help preserve your privacy by ensuring that your password that you use to access password protect areas contains a mixture of lower and upper case letters, along with numbers. You should never share your password with anyone else, and always log out of your account if you are using a public computer.
We only accept transactions through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, so that your order is processed on a secure connection. Credit card details are processed through our merchant service providers, where your credit card information is encrypted so that it remains protected and private as it is processed through the internet.
- If you do not want us to use your personal data for marketing purposes please ensure that you untick/tick the relevant boxes situated in the account creation and purchasing process. If at any time you have given permission for us to use your data for marketing purposes and you would like to revoke this permission, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any Jollyes marketing emails, or by contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless we advise otherwise, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- A reasonable business need exists such as managing our relationship with you, managing our operations and performing analysis and auditory tasks.
- We continue to provide purchased goods or services to you such as our loyalty program unless we are instructed otherwise.
Our data retention periods are in line with legal and regulatory requirements/guidance.
All individuals have rights under the data protection laws, some of which do not apply in all cases. Should you wish to exercise these rights, we will explain after the point of contact on whether they can be used or not.
As an individual you have:
1) The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
2) The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate
3) The right to have incomplete personal information completed
4) The right to object to processing of your personal information
5) The right to restrict processing of your personal information
6) The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
7) The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
8) The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information. The right or Data portability is effective from May 2018
9) Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk. You can contact us using the details below.