We understand that there is a lot of information here, this is so we can make sure that you are fully informed if your rights, and how Jollyes uses your data, and how we might combine this information to better understand you as a customer and offer you a more tailor made experience.
If you have any queries regarding the terms and conditions on the website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jollyes The Pet Superstore – which we will refer to as Jollyes on this page - is the trading name for Leonard F Jollye (Brookmans Park) Limited and we are the data controller for your Personal Data.
Jollyes is committed to protecting any personal information that you may provide to us and we believe it is important that you know how we treat the information about you that we may receive from this website.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. As an example, when you tick a box to receive emails or text messages.
When we collect your personal data, we will always inform you which data is necessary.
There will be occasions where we will need your personal data to comply with contractual obligations. For example, for any home deliveries we will need to collect your address details to deliver your items, these will need to be provided to our couriers.
If required to do so by law, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can provide details of people involved with fraud or other criminal activity affecting Jollyes to law enforcement.
There are situations where we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business but does not materially affect your rights, freedoms or interests.
For example, we can use your purchase history to send you or create personalised offers. We can also combine the history of many of our shoppers to keep up with demand or create new products or services.
We might also use your address details to send you direct marketing by post to let you know about products or services we think might interest you.
- When you visit any of our websites, and use your account to buy products and services, or redeem vouchers from Jollyes on the phone, in a shop or online.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you download or install our apps.
- When you join a Jollyes loyalty programme.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of our staff to email you information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event, for example a grooming or CPC appointment or store launch event.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about the Jollyes staff member who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested.
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if you purchase any livestock from one of our stores.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- When you use our car parks and shops which usually have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and Jollyes staff members. These systems may record your image during your visit.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- If you have a web account with us: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we'll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your interactions with us through head office, in store, online or by using our app.
- Details of your shopping preferences, for example which of our shops you prefer to visit and where you redeem your vouchers.
- Details of your visits to our websites or app, and which site you came from to ours.
- Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest.
We will only ask for and use your personal data that we have collected for making product recommendations or to tailor your shopping experience with Jollyes. It is always your choice whether you share these details with us.
- Payment card information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when your visit a shop or car park
- In order for us to deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
In order for Jollyes to provide the best possible customer experience. A good way to do this is to get the best picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you.
The data we collect is then used to offer you individual promotions, products and services that are most likely to meet your needs. If you are a member of our loyalty scheme we will also offer your relevant rewards.
Data privacy laws allow this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding you as our customer and providing the best levels of service.
If you wish to change how Jollyes use your data you will find details in the ‘What are my rights’ section below.
If you choose not to share personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions we might not be able to provide some services you have requested.
Here’s how your personal data will be used and why
- Process any orders that you make using our websites, app or in store. Without collecting personal data during the checkout process we won’t be able to complete your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to queries, a refund request or complaints. Processing the information you sent allows us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and how we communicated without throughout. This is done on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, these legal obligations and out legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We will also monitor your browsing activity to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. This is all done as part of our legitimate interest.
- To protect our customers, premises, assets and Jollyes staff members from crime we use CCTV systems in our stores and car parks which record images for security. This is done on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. Our aim is to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone about relevant products and services including tailor made special offers, discounts, promotions, events and competitions.
- We will use data we hold about you to display content we think you will find most interesting on our website or app. Including favourite brands or products. We do this on the basis of your consent to receive app notifications and/or for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device.
- To administer any prize draws for competitions you might have entered, giving your consent at the time.
- In order to comply with contractual or legal obligations to share with law enforcement.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help us improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text.
- To build a better picture of who you are and what you like, to inform our decisions as a business. We will combine data captured across Jollyes stores, websites and app. This will be done on the basis of our legitimate interest.
- For Jollyes loyalty customers, to decide which information to show you, with the help of computer algorithms. This is done on the basis of your consent when when you become a Jollyes loyalty member.
- To process an bookings or appointment requests (for example a grooming treatment or CPC appointment). We may also need to share your information with a third party who is providing an service, such as a courier delivering your online order. Without sharing this information we would be unable to fully process your request.
Jollyes respects the privacy of its customers and is committed to complying with all laws relating to the protection of personal data. All of the personal information that we collect will be stored on secure servers, and treated as completely confidential.
To prevent unauthorised access to your data, we follow the appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have given to us.
You can help preserve your privacy by ensuring that your password that you use to access password protect areas contains a mixture of lower and upper case letters, along with numbers. You should never share your password with anyone else, and always log out of your account if you are using a public computer.
We only accept transactions through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, so that your order is processed on a secure connection. Credit card details are processed through our merchant service providers, where your credit card information is encrypted so that it remains protected and private as it is processed through the internet.
Unless we advise otherwise, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- A reasonable business need exists such as managing our relationship with you, managing our operations and performing analysis and auditory tasks.
- We continue to provide purchased goods or services to you such as our loyalty program unless we are instructed otherwise.
Our data retention periods are in line with legal and regulatory requirements/guidance.
Jollyes will sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
We apply a policy to the organisations we share your data with to keep it safe and protect your privacy.
- We only provide information they need to perform their tasks or specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your policy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous
Examples of third parties we work with:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications.
- Google/Facebook to show you products or services that we think might interest you while you browse the internet. This is based on your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our website.
- Data companies which help us make sure your details are up to date and accurate.
Sharing your data with third parties for their purposes:
- We will only provide third parties with your data for their own purposes if we have your specific consent to do so. We may then pass these details on for the third parties own direct marketing purposes. For example, if you enter a competition and tick a box agreeing that a particular third party can contact you directly.
- For fraud management your data might be shared with law enforcement bodies if we detect fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity on our premises.
- Jollyes may expand in the future, this might involve the transfer of relevant data under this privacy notice.
In order for us to offer you the best customer journey through our website and to display you relevant offers you can use in store, we currently use the following companies who will process your personal data as part of their contracts.
- Swan Retail Ltd
- ITIM Ltd
- Prototype creative
You have the right to request:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate.
- The right to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”).
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information. The right or Data portability is effective from May 2018.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
We have more than one way for you to stop direct marketing communications from us.
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link which you can find in any email communication we send to you.
- If you have an account, login at https://www.jollyes.co.uk/customer/account/login and change your preferences.
- In our app you will have the ability to manage any of the push notifications we might send you.
- Get in contact by emailing email@example.com, or by writing to Jollyes The Pet Superstore, BW House, 1 Lea Road, Waltham Abbey, EN9 1AS.
You may continue to receive direct marketing from Jollyes for a short period after updating preferences. This is while our systems are fully updated.
If you feel that any of your data has not been handled properly, or our response has not been adequate, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws. Go online at https://ico.org.uk or call them on 0303 123 1113