Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 1st May 2018
These Terms and Conditions apply to all use of jollyes.co.uk (referred to as "website") including all transactions for the sale of goods on the website. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Please read through these Terms and carefully together with our Privacy and Cookie Policies before ordering. The Terms and Conditions on this website create a legally binding contract between Jollyes and the user (meaning the users of the website). By accessing the site or placing an order you accept these Terms and Conditions. You fully agree with these Terms and Conditions even if you do not register with us. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this website.
We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time with any changes taking effect on the date they are posted on the website. It is your responsibility to ensure that you read the most up-to-date Terms and Conditions before you place an order.
If you have any queries regarding the terms and conditions on the website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you register with us you will be required to create an account password, which should be unique to this website in order to keep your personal information safe. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, you are also responsible for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account.
You must contact Jollyes immediately if you are aware of any unauthorised use or breach of security of your account.
You confirm that you are not impersonating any other person or entity or using a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use. If you are not the end-user you confirm that you have authority to bind any person or company on behalf of whom you are using our website to these Terms and Conditions.
You are not allowed to use the website to make any false or fraudulent orders.
We are required by law to provide the Police and/or any other regulatory or government authority who is investigating suspected illegal activities your Personal Information and/or User Information, upon request.
Information about the Website and Goods
We endeavour to ensure that all information is accurate on the website including product information, prices and pet advice. Prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing. There may be occasions where information is not correct through human error at Jollyes. A large amount of product information is supplied by third party suppliers, who from time to time may change ingredients, feeding guides and packaging on their products. You should always check the product packaging to ensure you have the most accurate product information.
Due to the nature of buying goods online, there are subtle differences that are different to a shopping experience in-store. You should acknowledge that
- All dimensions are approximate
- Product images on our website are to our best knowledge a comparable reflection of the physical product.
- We cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of the colours will exactly replicate the colour of the product itself.
Should you find any errors on site, please notify us immediately so that we can rectify the error at the earliest possible time.
From time-to-time we may include links to third party websites where we think it is relevant. We do not have control over these websites, and they do not undergo vetting by Jollyes. We do not accept any liability in relation to the use of these websites.
All products are subject to availability. The items in your shopping basket that are not reserved any may be purchased by other customers until we accept your order.
By placing an order through the website, you warrant that you care legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
The display of products on our Website is not an offer by us to sell. There is no obligation for Jollyes to supply the items until we accept your order.
To create a contract between you and us, the following steps must be taken:
- Your offer to purchase an item occurs when you place an order pressing the “Place Order” button at the end of the checkout process
- You will be sent by us an order acknowledgment email that includes details of the products you have ordered
- Acceptance of your order and completion of the contract occurs when we despatch your products, or notify you that your order is ready for in-store collection. You will be sent a despatch email notifying you that the goods have been provided to the courier for delivery
We reserve the right not to accept your order for any reason, the most common reasons for an order being declined are
- We are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The product that you ordered is not available, or is a long term out of stock product.
- Pricing or product description errors
- Failure to meet the eligibility criteria of the Terms and Conditions when placing the order
In the event that we cancel part or your whole order, you will be refunded the appropriate amount.
The contract of sale between you and us is in England in the English language.
All prices and offers for goods on the website are as advertised from time to time. The prices are in British Pounds Sterling (GBP) inclusive of VAT where applicable. We reserve the right to cancel any orders placed by you in the circumstance where there are significant pricing inaccuracies. You will be notified in the event of an order being cancelled.
We reserve the right to adjust prices before your order has been processed. You will be notified of any changes requesting your confirmation and agreement before the product(s) are dispatched.
There may be occasions where the prices of goods sold online differ from those in stores due to special promotions.
Terms & Conditions
- We may add other terms and conditions for optional elements of the scheme, like additional points on products, competitions, club membership. And the same applies, your participation in the optional elements of the scheme means you accept these terms and conditions.
- We may end or amend the scheme at any time. We may need to change these terms and conditions from time to time, for example to introduce new or temporary features, or to keep them accurate and up to date. We will endeavour to give you reasonable notice in advance of any changes. The latest version will always be found on our website. If you continue to use your app after we have made changes to these terms and conditions, we will treat this as your acceptance of the changes.
- All Jollyes stores are part of the Jollyes PetCLUB
- To be a member of the PetCLUB, you must be a UK or Eire resident, aged 16 years or over.
- To get the full benefits of Jollyes PetCLUB, it’s important you register your details with us and keep Jollyes informed of any changes. We cannot be held responsible for any loss of Points or Vouchers incurred as a result of out-of-date details. You will not receive any vouchers until you register.
- You will need a valid and unique email address and mobile telephone number to register with us and manage your card account online. If you happen to share an email address with someone else, only one of you will be able to have a PetCLUB account which you manage online.
- If you express a preference on how we communicate with you, we will always try to contact you in this way, but we may change how we communicate with you without prior notification, usually when there are problems with the registered postal or email address, or mobile number you’ve supplied.
- As the account member Vouchers remain your responsibility, as well as the security details on the account. We cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from you failing to ensure the safekeeping of those items.
10. Your points are personal to you and are not transferable and cannot be shared, sold, exchanged, bought, or traded in any way. Vouchers can be given as gift but they are a one-time use only.
11. You can choose to leave the scheme at any time and still use vouchers already issued. We will keep a record of your original account and accumulated points for 18 months, just in case you wish to re-join but after that, you will lose all those points you’ve earned.
12. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your Jollyes membership if you haven’t used it for a year, but we will attempt to notify you before we do so.
13. We may end, cancel or suspend your PetCLUB account, Vouchers and Points and/or remove you as a member from the scheme at any time where there is reasonable belief of: abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme; any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions and/or those relating to optional elements of the scheme; any behaviour relating to the scheme or Jollyes Pet Stores that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
- To earn points, you must spend above a certain amount on qualifying products in a single transaction. The amount of Points earned may change and will vary depending on the products you buy, the amount spent and where the transaction takes place. Full details of how points are earned can be found on our website
- PetCLUB members must present their phone app membership barcode at checkout to acquire points
- Where points can be earned with promotional partners, further terms and conditions may apply. Please note, promotional partners may take different periods to notify us of Points to be credited, and we’re not responsible for a failure, delay or error by a partner notifying us of Points to be credited.
- Some products are subject to age restrictions. We only sell age-restricted products if you meet the minimum age requirement. If we believe you look under 25 years old, we will ask you for valid proof of age.
- The maximum points you can earn is capped at XXXXXX Points in a calendar month. Any Points you earn that exceed this cap may appear on your receipt at the time of purchase, but will not be allocated to your card account. We do however reserve the right to waive this restriction at any time on a case-by-case basis.
- It may take up to 24 hours for Points you have earned to be added to your account.
- Points are not transferable and have no cash or monetary value.
- Points are calculated on the purchase price of qualifying purchases (inclusive of VAT) rounded / up down to the nearest £.
- Points cannot be exchanged for cash.
- You have 28 days following an eligible transaction in which to query the number of points that you have earned.
- We reserve the right to amend your balance if you exchange or return any product, cancel or not complete on an offer to Jollyes or any promotional partner.
- We may correct any incorrect balances without notice to you, for example if Points have been incorrectly added to your account or deducted in error.
- If we substitute a product in an online order you make, all Points will be calculated on the basis of that substitute, if you accept it.
- Once registered, each time you save up 1,000 PetCLUB Points you will be automatically allocated a £2 voucher and we will deduct 1,000 PetCLUB Points from your card. It may take a further 24 hours for your voucher to be allocated to your account. Full details of how PetCLUB Vouchers are issued can be found on our website.
- You can only use a voucher once. No change will be given.
- Vouchers are valid for 6 weeks from the date you earn 1,000 PetCLUB Points.
- Vouchers remain our property at all times and have no cash value. Vouchers are not for resale, publication and are valid in the UK only
- vouchers can be used in store or you can choose to use them online. We may introduce new ways to use your Vouchers and you can find the latest ways to redeem your PetCLUB voucher on our website.
- PetCLUB Vouchers cannot be used to pay for vet services.
- Any special conditions published by us, or on the PetCLUB voucher itself, that relate to special PetCLUB voucher offers will modify these terms and conditions.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions at any time without your consent (for example, if we sell our business).
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any related dispute will be resolved in the Courts of England and Wales. In some circumstances the laws where you are resident may apply and the Courts where you are resident may have jurisdiction.
- Should you have any queries, please use the online enquiry form at https://jollyessupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new .
Promotions, Vouchers and Competitions
Jollyes may include promotions, vouchers and competitions on the website from us or third parties. Each of these will be subject to availability along with their own set of terms and conditions.
Discounts and voucher codes offered by Jollyes are valid for purchases made on the Jollyes website and are not valid for use in Jollyes shops or telephone orders unless specified in the offer terms and conditions.
Promotions and vouchers are not exchangeable for cash, and they cannot be used with another promotion or voucher unless otherwise stated. To redeem a promotional code, you must enter the code in your basket before checkout page. These must be redeemed by the date published.
You can make payments for online purchases using American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron Switch, Maestro, Delta, Solo and PayPal. We take the payment at the point of order.
You confirm that the credit/debit card or PayPal account being used for the purchase is yours or that you have authorisation from the owner to use it on their behalf.
To protect your card details, all credit and debit card transactions are processed by PayPal. Validation checks on the card holder and authorisation by the card issuer will be carried out on all credit and debit card transactions. If the card issuer refuses to authorise the payment to Jollyes, your order will not be accepted and we will not be liable for any non-delivery. For registered customers, we may from time to time store your credit card details on our systems, which will speed up the purchasing process. These details will be fully encrypted and only used to process card transactions initiated by you.
Jollyes uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, to ensure you have a safe and secure shopping experience.
We cannot be held liable for any loss you have incurred in the event that a third party obtains unauthorised access to any data provided by you when accessing our website.
You will have ownership of the products when we receive full payment of all sums due in relation to the goods including delivery charges.
The goods will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
This website offers the ability to set up repeat orders on selected products for your convenience. By setting up a repeat order, you agree to the website automatically generating an order in your behalf in line with order frequency that you have defined when creating the subscription.
You may cancel subscriptions at any time.
Jollyes will use reasonable care to ensure that your subscription is delivered according to your subscription frequency. The customer accepts from time to time there may be factors out of our control such as but not limited to stock shortages, high sales volumes that may delay delivery of your subscription.
For more details, visit our subscription policy page.
We aim to deliver to the majority of postal areas in the UK and Northern Ireland. There are certain geographical areas that we are unable to make deliveries due to restrictions from our courier. Currently we are unable to ship to the following areas of the UK: Isle of Scilly, and Scottish Islands and Scottish Highlands. We are able to deliver to the Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight and the Isle of Man, these remote areas of the UK will incur additional delivery charges.
Currently we are unable to accept orders for delivery outside of the United Kingdom, including British Force Post Office addresses.
Jollyes also reserves the right to refuse deliveries to addresses such PO Boxes or a communal postal address which may be deemed insecure by our delivery partners.
We ship orders 6 days a week on Monday to Saturday. If you place your order before 11am 1pm we will aim to ship your parcel on the next day, subject to stock availability and parcel volumes. Your parcel depending on its size will be sent via Royal Mail Tracked Service or through Interlink/DPD couriers with e-mail tracking. Your delivery should arrive within 2 working days from the time you receive your Order Dispatched email, however there may be factors out of our control that may delay this. Please allow extra time for remote areas.
There may be circumstances out of our control that may impact our ability to deliver within this time frame which includes but is not limited to severe traffic disruption, fire, floods, strikes, industrial action or other events.
From time-to-time delivery of certain items will require a signature from a person. The signature will act as proof that you or the person whom the order is addressed has received delivery.
In the event that no one is available to sign for the items, then depending on the courier your product may be left in your “safe place”, or a notification card will be left at the delivery address with instructions from the courier to either organise collection or redelivery.
From time-to-time your products may be delivered separately due to courier restrictions or stock being stored in different locations. If you have not received all of your products after 1 week of your ‘Despatch Confirmation’ email contact us email@example.com
We aim to keep our delivery charges as low as possible, please visit our delivery policy page for further information on delivery charges.
Incorrect, Missing or Damaged Orders
If your order arrives incorrect, incomplete, damaged or if you have not received your order within 7 working days of receiving a 'Despatch Confirmation' email, please contact us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to return products for a full refund up to 30 days from the delivery date providing you give us written notice in accordance to our returns procedure.
Jollyes will not accept returns of personalised goods, made to measure goods, veterinary medicines, used food, unsealed CDs/DVDs/or other recording media.
You must ensure that returned products are sent back unopened, in the original packaging, and they must be in a resalable condition.The cost of returning the products back to Jollyes is your responsibility, unless the product delivered is not the item that was ordered, faulty or damaged.
Please click here view our full refunds policy.
Under distant selling regulations you are able to cancel this contract, we will provide a full refund of the original purchase price and delivery charge, provided that you have notified us in writing no longer than 7 working days after delivery of the products. This is on the provision that you have provided reasonable care of the products, the products are unused and that the products have returned to Jollyes in a resalable condition.
Rather than using your rights under the distant selling regulations, you may prefer to return your products using our standard returns service. For more details please visit our returns policy.
Your right to return Products does not apply to Products that are personalised goods, made to measure goods, veterinary medicines, used food, unsealed CDs/DVDs/or other recording media.
To return your products, please click here and follow our returns procedure.
Please ensure that you return the products within 14 days of cancellation of the contract. To cancel your order, please provide written notice or contact our customer service team following the instructions on the returns policy. We will process refunds when we have received the returned product. Refunds will usually take 7 working days to clear.
Ownership & Intellectual Property
The Website is owned and operated by us, Leonard F Jollye (Brookmans Park) Ltd, a company registered in England under company number 1015506.
Jollyes are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights on the website. You agree that content and material featured on the website is for personal use, which allows you to download content onto one computer hard drive. You agree that you may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
General & Liability
The use and terms of this website and any contract formed are in accordance to English law and we agree to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability of Jollyes for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misinterpretations, or any other matter that would be illegal or unlawful to exclude our liability.
Waiver & Third Party Rights
In the event that you breach the Terms and we take no actions against you, Jollyes will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach the terms.
A person who is not party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Acts 1999
Events outside our control
We will not be responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by an event outside our reasonable control. This includes, but is not limited to strikes or other industrial action, fire, flood, or other events. Under such circumstances we will have an extension of time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period.
This website contains links to other sites which are provided by third parties, these website are provided for your information only. We have no control over the website contents, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.